ShareBooks.com free asp.net project with source codesThis is an internet website, which allows users to share ebooks that they have with users of the website.
Users must register to upload books. However, users can browse, search and download books without any registration or login.
It allows users to rate books to provide feedback about books to other users.
It provides typical user related operations like login,change password, register, forgot password etc.
It also provides a web service, which provides details of books and users to other business associates.
Technologies and Products used
- ASP.NET 2.0
- C# language
- Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Mail Server - CMail Server
Steps to download, deploy and run this projectThe following are the steps to related to be taken to run the existing part of the application:
- Download ShareBooks.ZIP and unzip it into any directory in your system. (For example if you extract to d:\ then it will create a directory d:\ShareBooks)
- Open Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition or Visual Studio.NET 2005.
- Open the project from the directory into which you extracted project.For example, d:\sharebooks
- Goto Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from VWD 2005 Express Edition.
- You should see login.aspx page.